Another Beast photo that I recently came across! I had to post it because this is honestly one of my favorite costumes. It's so comfortable and something about the design really appealed to me. I was also really happy with how this costume came out, especially since I finished it in 6 days.
The costume is two parts:
A lower skirt, with a gathered cummerbund style red draped fabric that was sewn much like a typical A-frame skirt.
Then the top which was done similar to a bustier with garters. I drafted the pattern myself, since I couldn't find anything even close to the style she had.
I also made sure to top stitch all the seams, since I think leather materials look best when top stitched.
The top though the most difficult, to me, was the most rewarding. I wanted to make sure so many things were done like hers but by far the worst challenge was in the neck. In the Beast costume her shoulders are actually attached to her neck, which can be very difficult to fit correctly (I learned with Kallen). However, with enough playing and pinning I was able to get most of the extra fabric out so that it fit well around the neckline.
My costume prior to my newest changes. I recently re-did a lot of the smaller aspects of this costume. I made this in a little less than a week...so I took a lot of short cuts when it came to the small details...and it ate away at me. I still really, really love this costume and the character Beast...but I felt there was definitely room for improvement...especially on my make-up and my gloves. I'm terrible at make-up....
Modeled and crafted
More from this set:
More from the newer set: